Sapreme Technologies is a privately-owned biotech company developing a disruptive technology platform (ENDOSCAPE®) enabling the development of superior targeted therapeutics, such as antibody-drug conjugates and oligonucleotide-based drugs.
You will join an ambitious, entrepreneurial team to develop new medicines for cancer and other disease indications. Projects span both the internal pipeline as well as pharma- and biotech partnered programs.
As Senior Research Technician / Lab manager you will be part of the Cell Biology Team. You will contribute to the day-to-day activities in the laboratory and (cell biological) experimental work. You will also be responsible for all lab managerial tasks including ordering, ensuring stock maintenance, administering cell- and GMO repositories. You will work closely together with the other Research Technicians and Scientists within Sapreme Technologies. In your role, you will directly report to the Principal Scientist Biology.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You will execute the R&D plans as planned together with the Lead Scientist.
- You perform assigned experiments/tasks independently.
- You will provide input and identify problems with scientific experiments, analyses/tasks in related areas.
- You will assist in developing recommendations for protocols and SOPs
- You will maintain accurate record keeping and experimental data with the use of statistical packages and standard databases.
- You communicate results to the Lead Scientists and stakeholders in a timely manner
- Supports the work of project members to complete personal and team objectives.
- You are responsible for laboratory equipment.
- You will manage the cell and chemistry biology labs and in this function be responsible for all lab managerial tasks including ordering, ensuring stock maintenance, administering cell– and GMO repositories.
- You will manage shipping and receiving of materials and biological samples, including import/export permits and custom forms.
Education and Experience Guidelines
- You have completed an HLO or equivalent degree (e.g., technician school or MSc in the life sciences).
- You have at least 3 years of working experience in the biotech/pharma/CRO or similar
- You have experience in cell based functional assays such as MTS/MTT, proliferation, apoptosis, reporter
- You have experience in analytics including DNA, RNA, FACS, Western Blot, qRT-PCR, cloning, IHC, IF.
- You are familiar with basic statistical and data analysis software such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo etc.
- Excellent proficiency in English (spoken and in writing).
The job is based on 40 hrs/week (full-time). Salary will be based on relevant work experience. Initially we offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, with the intention to extend.
As we are hoping to fill this vacancy in the short term, we are considering applications of candidates who are currently eligible to work in The Netherlands only.