Sapreme Technologies is a privately-owned biotech company developing a disruptive technology platform (ENDOSCAPE®) enabling the development of superior targeted therapeutics, such as antibody-drug conjugates and oligonucleotide-based drugs.
You will join an ambitious, entrepreneurial team and develop new medicines for cancer and other indications. Projects span both internal pipeline as well as pharma and biotech partnered programs, allowing for external interaction.
In your role as Senior Technician Bioanalysis, you will be responsible for assay development and sample analysis of Sapreme’s bioconjugates. This includes the characterization of antibody-drug conjugates and other proprietary medicinal scaffolds according to industry-standard quality systems in cell-based in vitro systems (e.g., for dose predictions and assay validation), but also the assay set up and analysis of biospecimens from subsequent in vivo studies. You will work in a matrixed structure, contributing to deliverables in the R&D department and Development pipeline projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You will execute the project plans as outlines together with the project study lead and co-developed with the responsible lead scientist.
- You are profoundly skilled in setting up various types of cell-based assays, fit-for-purpose qualifying them, and executing them (e.g., (dd)PCR, Western blot, immunofluorescence based-analyses, as well as cell viability assays (MTS, CTG).
- You are profoundly skilled in setting up, fit-for-purpose qualifying and executing various types of animal/human biospecimen analyses, including (dd)PCR-based or Western blot-based analyses in various tissues, or ELISA-type assays in biofluids (serum, plasma).
- You are comfortable running multiple projects in parallel.
- You enjoy pro-actively proposing solutions and troubleshooting.
- You are accustomed to work-up and analysis of animal and human biological material (tissue and blood) to industry (G(C)LP) standards.
- You are accustomed to setting-up procedures and work documentation.
- You document results accurately and are focused on output and results.
- You contribute to internal meetings and project meetings with collaborators.
- You are accustomed to adhering to deadlines and accept an occasionally enhanced workload.
- You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- You are driven by translation of science into products.
- You contribute to the scientific discussions.
Education and Experience Guidelines
- You have completed an HLO or equivalent degree (e.g., technician school or MSc in the life sciences).
- You have at least 3 years of working experience in the biotech/pharma/CRO or similar
- You have experience in cell based functional assays such as MTS/MTT, proliferation, apoptosis, reporter
- You have experience in analytics including DNA, RNA, FACS, Western Blot, qRT-PCR, cloning, IHC, IF.
- You are familiar with basic statistical and data analysis software such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo etc.
- Excellent proficiency in English (spoken and in writing).
The job is based on 40 hrs/week (full-time). Salary will be based on relevant work experience. Initially we offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, with the intention to extend.
As we are hoping to fill this vacancy in the short term, we are considering applications of candidates who are currently eligible to work in The Netherlands only.