Sapreme Technologies is a privately-owned biotech company developing a disruptive technology platform (ENDOSCAPE®) enabling the development of superior targeted therapeutics, such as antibody-drug conjugates and oligonucleotide-based drugs.
You will join an ambitious, entrepreneurial team and develop new medicines for cancer and other indications. Projects span both the internal pipeline as well as pharma- and biotech partnered programs, allowing for external interaction.
As Scientific Writer you will be responsible for providing scientific writing and communication for different research and preclinical activities. You will support the research and development teams by writing research and preclinical study reports, patent examples describing methods and experimental results, and scientific publications (manuscripts, abstracts, presentations, posters, etc.). You will build and manage the internal and external review process of documents and oversee version control and the archiving processes. Next to this, you will maintain an inventory of relevant literature and competitor overviews. You will also be responsible for proofing scientific documents for accurate content before submission to publishers or agencies. To accomplish these objectives, you will closely work with Sapreme’s scientists and leadership and follow-up with relevant stakeholders. In your role, you will directly report to the Chief Development Officer of Sapreme Technologies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• You deliver high-quality scientific writing and communication output.
• You build and manage document review and submission processes.
• You actively manage the internal and external review process of scientific documents.
• You contribute to developing scientific writing templates.
• You are the key point of contact for scientific writing activities at Sapreme.
• You have completed an advanced degree (preferably PhD in life sciences, or MSc degree with additional scientific writing qualifications).
• You have at least 2 years of working experience in the biotech/pharma/CRO or similar industry.
• You have proven track record in scientific writing and management of scientific writing activities.
• You have experience in antibody therapeutics, ideally ADCs, and therapeutic oligonucleotides. Industry experience or an academic background in endosomal biology or conjugation chemistry is a plus.
• You are an expert user of MS Office core applications (especially Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and are familiar with literature archiving and reference management tools (such as EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero). Ideally, you have at least basic knowledge in GraphPad Prism.
• You have an interest in graphic design to create illustrations and infographics. Experience with Adobe Illustrator or equivalent software is a plus.
• You have excellent proficiency in English.
• You have excellent attention to detail, consistency, grammar, syntax, and scientific accuracy.
• You have experience in a broad range of therapeutic areas (including oncology, liver and/or CNS, rare genetic diseases).
• Knowledge of, and work experience with documentation and writing requirements toward IND submission, is a plus.
• You have proven ability to thinking critically when structuring documents, so that they present complex information in a logical manner.
• You are accustomed to adhering to deadlines and accept an occasionally enhanced workload.
• You are comfortable running multiple projects in parallel.
The job is either based on a part time contract (at least 26 hour/week), or full time (40 hrs/week). Salary will be based on contractual hours and relevant work experience.
Location: Bilthoven, The Netherlands. Up to 50% working remotely possible.
Contact: Hiring manager Miriam Bujny at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly via email@example.com.