Sapreme Technologies is a privately-owned biotech company developing a disruptive technology platform (ENDOSCAPE®) enabling the development of superior targeted therapeutics, such as antibody-drug conjugates and oligonucleotide-based drugs.
You will join an ambitious, entrepreneurial team and develop new medicines for cancer and other indications. Projects span both the internal pipeline as well as pharma- and biotech partnered programs, allowing for external interaction.
You will be responsible for producing a variety of customized antibody-drug conjugates, including antibody-protein and antibody-oligonucleotide conjugates. You will optimize the conjugation and purification procedures for a variety of biologics and linkers, according to industry-standard quality processes and systems. You will perform bioanalytical analyses on the resulting conjugates. You will also closely collaborate with the biological validation department to assess the activity of the conjugates. You will accurately report your work and contribute to internal project meetings. In your role, you will directly report to the Principal Chemist of Sapreme Technologies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and optimize conjugation schemes to achieve the required product specifications
• Commit to producing and maintaining the highest standard of quality in antibody-conjugate productions
• Create and maintain accurate process and data documentation
• Ensure on-time delivery of materials and reports
• Perform the following procedures:
o Antibody and recombinant protein isolation, purification
o Purification using various liquid chromatography methods (affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, HIC, FPLC experience helpful)
o Protein lyophilization
o Carrier protein conjugations with peptides, fusion proteins or haptens
o Antibody and conjugate validation via various functional tests (i.e., SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, IHC, IP, IF, FACS, enzyme activity assays)
o Biophysical characterization of proteins and conjugates (i.e., UV/VIS spectrophotometry, DLS, SEC-MALS, Tm or Tagg determination)
o Maintenance and calibration of lab equipment
o Maintenance of accurate compound inventories
Experience with LC-MS is a ‘nice to have’
• PhD degree in biochemistry/chemistry. Industry experience is a strong plus.
• Good general hands-on lab skills.
• Experience working with biologics/ADCs (proteins and/or oligonucleotides) and bioconjugation techniques is a requirement.
• Demonstrate analytical thought and understanding of optimal experimental design.
• You have excellent proficiency in English.
The job is based on a contract for 40 hour/week. Salary will be based on contractual hours and relevant work experience.
Location: Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
Contact: Hiring manager Ruben Postel on email; firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly via email@example.com.
Deadline: The closing date for applications will be 30th April 2022